I spent a long weekend in Nice, France this August.
The sheer beauty of this city is astonishing. It has everything from beautiful buildings to a gorgeous coastline.
I could really spend a whole summer here soaking up the sun, swimming, eating and shopping.
– Definitely go in summer… but be warned all you will want to do is lie on the beach your entire time you are there.
– I suggest you stay in the old town, Vieux Nice, this is the epicentre of the city.
– Get lost in Vieux Nice… This old town is just amazing. Its small streets and quaint little shops and restaurants are breath-taking. It’s a aspiring photographer’s and souvenir and antique shopper’s paradise.
– Visit the Parc du Chateau lookout point, this offers a panoramic view of Vieux Nice and the coastline. Go during sunset for some great photos.
– Spend time strolling along the palm-lined Promenade des Anglais and if you are brave take a run up it one morning and log this famous street on your Nike+ app.
– Get ice-cream at Fenocchio. This famous ice-cream shop carries over 70+ flavours of ice-cream and sorbet to choose from.
– The port of Nice is small but there are some beautiful little old fishing boats to pass by and admire.
– The Cathedral Orthodox Russe St-Nicolas. This Russian Orthodox church is impressive, especially if you have travelled in Russia.
– Along the beach there are loads of beach front restaurants with cornered off beach areas with lounges, umbrellas and waiters to serve you. It’s pricey if you aren’t staying at a hotel along the beach, so you are looking at around 22 euros to rent a lounger and umbrella for the day, but if you are looking at spending a day on the beach, it is well worth it.
This was definitely not my first and last time visiting Nice…